Hudson River Mill Museum’s Mission

 
 

The Hudson River Mill Museum inspires Corinth, New York area residents and seasonal visitors to explore the history of pulp and paper manufacturing in northern New York State, the development of organized labor in the industry, and paper making’s environmental impact on the Hudson River and the Adirondack region. 

The Hudson River Mill Museum grew out of the Hudson River Mill Project that was created following the closure of the Hudson River Mill in 2002, after 133-years of continuous operation.  The Project’s goal was to research the history of the Mill, collect relevant documents and photographs, and to share the findings with the public through lectures, publications and interpretive websites.

International Paper gifted its original corporate office building at 17 Pine Street to the Town of Corinth following the demolition of the Hudson River Mill in 2012. The Hudson River Mill Project then secured a charter for the Hudson River Mill Museum from New York State in 2017. The Museum is registered by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. 

The Museum plans to restore the International Paper Company building and repurpose it for museum use at the same time that will offer programming in the building and provide local historic tours and other activities related to its mission.

Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017, the Museum’s future home is presently being studied by Preservation Architecture of Albany, New York, with funding provided by the Preservation League of New York and the Town of Corinth.  

Please go to our WAY TO HELP menu to learn how you can support our building restoration efforts.

 

 
 
International Paper Company’s principal office was built at its Hudson River Mill in Corinth, New York in 1905. The building, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017, will serve as the home of the Hudson River Mill Museum.

International Paper Company’s principal office was built at its Hudson River Mill in Corinth, New York in 1905. The building, which was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2017, will serve as the home of the Hudson River Mill Museum.